You are here
Critical Thinking And Reasoning
Challenging conventional thinking
The ability to think critically separates the effective professional from others. A person who can think fast and well has far more mental resources for higher performance than his peers who lack good thinking skills. When you are armed with critical thinking tools, many benefits inevitably follow – you are able to identify thinking flaws, differentiate between good and bad suggestions, communicate persuasively, manage difficult people or circumstances, and more.
Good thinking skills allow managers to improve their top and bottom-line outcomes by becoming better at problem solving, decision making and strategic planning. Critical thinking also improves productivity by saving time from “inhibiting” thinking outcomes and increases your profits through improved abilities in negotiation, persuasion and outsmarting your rivals.
• Understand what critical thinking skills really are
• Understand rational vs. behavioral models of thought
• Understand critical thinking vs. IQ vs. creative thinking
• Identify and overcome common thinking biases and logical reasoning errors
• Apply critical thinking skills to business issues such as problem solving, decision making and strategic thinking
• Use critical thinking to enhance productivity and profitability
• Compare: Critical thinking vs. rationality vs. practical outcomes
• Understand how most managers think
• Thinking biases and errors: What most managers are not aware of
• Thinking in business contexts: When and why it often fails
• Business scenarios: How to think with maximum efficiency
• 3 major frameworks of critical thinking
Level 4 - Managers
SIM Member Fee (S$)
Non-member Fee (S$)
Early Bird Fees
10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE
- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.
Early Bird Fees closing date for the programme :
Programme Scheduled Date
|22 October 2018|
14 & 15 March 2019 -
31 January 2019
|27 & 28 June 2019 -|| |
16 May 2019
| || |
| || |
Enquiries : Kho Mei Yen - 6248 6137 | 62466746, email@example.com
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.
|Date||Time||Venue||Registration Closing Date|
|14/03/2019 - 15/03/2019||09.00 am - 5.00 pm||SIM Management House, 41 Namly Avenue, Singapore 267616||Mar 07, 2019||Register|
|27/06/2019 - 28/06/2019||09.00 am - 5.00 pm||SIM Management House, 41 Namly Avenue, Singapore 267616||Jun 20, 2019||Register|
|10/10/2019 - 11/10/2019||09.00 am - 5.00 pm||SIM Management House, 41 Namly Avenue, Singapore 267616||Oct 03, 2019||Register|