You are here
SIM Professional Development (SIM PD) is the leading provider for adult learning, training and development for corporate and career development. We provide a wide range of quality executive programmes, corporate training, seminar and workshops in areas of soft skills training, leadership training, sales training, management training, personal effectiveness & productivity, project management training, strategy execution and forumation.
skills and strategies of a sharp negotiator - remote learning
We constantly find ourselves in various business negotiation situations. Nowadays negotiations have the added facets of dealing with different cultures, unequal power balances and dotted reporting.
This programme helps to consolidate these new facets into a negotiation framework, enabling you to negotiate for a successful outcome for all parties.
The course will be held over 2 half days and per session is about 3.5 hours.
Benefits to You
Launching from concepts by Fisher and Ury (Harvard), this programme will help you apply different techniques to help you arrive at a mutually beneficial outcome in a business negotiation. These techniques take into consideration the increasingly VUCA business environment (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous). Drawing on techniques developed by communication gurus like Robert Cialdini, we will learn how to use proven influencing strategies to achieve more positive outcomes.
By the end of the session, learners will
• Learn how to manage our emotions when negotiating
• Learn how to negotiate in various scenarios
- Conflict management
- Performance review ratings and salaries
- Customer deals
• Use easy to apply techniques to achieve a successful outcome for all parties
• Learn how to negotiate with people from different cultures
• Manage a negotiation when the power balance is unequal
• Ensure a mutually beneficial outcome for different personalities
• The ICON approach to negotiation
- Identifying the interests of each party
- Understanding the background of the negotiating party (Culture, background)
- Generating possible options for the other party
- Understanding our no-agreement alternatives
• Strategies to handle aggressive or difficult negotiation tactics
• Using influencing or persuasive skills to achieve positive outcomes
- Reciprocity, Scarcity, Authority, Consistency, Liking, Consensus
• Understand how to negotiate with and influence different personalities according to the DISC profiling systeM
- Dominant, Influential, Steady and Compliant personalities
• Case studies and discussions
Who Must Attend
(Level 3) New Managers
(Level 4) Managers
(Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
Lorraine Kwek has been training for the past 23 years for various local and international organisations, including LG, SingTel, Estee Lauder, Maybank, RHB, etc. Her Negotiation Dynamics programme has been a mainstay in the Centre for Management Development, MINDEF, for the past 15 years. Her training in Negotiation Skills has been informed by various other certifications, including being a Certified Behavioural Consultant for the DISC system.
Enquiries : Kathleen Tan - 62849407 | 62466746, firstname.lastname@example.org