You are here
Practical Communicative Business English
The best ideas are of no use if they cannot be communicated effectively. That is why good business English is critical at the workplace. But if you are expecting the boring, traditional method of learning grammar, you are in for a surprise.
• By attending this programme, participants become more confident in crafting their email and in their speaking.
• They understand their personality and learn to adapt their communication style to others.
• They have a better understanding in their grammar, thus, conveying clearer ideas at their workplaces.
• Understand and use basic grammar effectively
• Engaging activities during which you will learn how to communicate and write with good business English
• Understand how personality affects communication style
• Discover the added advantage you can have at your workplace through the way you write, speak and understand people
• Identifying your own strengths and weaknesses in spoken and written business English
• Understanding the importance of good business English
o Avoid misunderstanding and miscommunication
o Speak and write in understandable English without translating ideas
• A Refresher’s Course on Basic English Grammar
o Use of Articles, Adjectives, Nouns, and Modals
o Use of Tenses
o Use of Indirect Questions and Question Tags
• Understanding your and other people’s communication styles
• Analysing and correcting errors in spoken and written English through real examples
• Applying good business English in speaking, and writing email with various scenarios
Tricia Poon is an English Language lecturer cum trainer with more than 12 years of experience. She is currently a full time English lecturer at SIM, teaching academic English and presentation skills to students who are preparing for their business diploma and degree programmes.
In addition, she lectures a diploma programme on Business Communications. As a corporate trainer, she has conducted various Business and English courses both locally and regionally.
|Category||SIM Member Fee (S$)||Non-member Fee (S$)|
|Total Fee (S$)||Total Fee (S$)|
|Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST||Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||540.00||37.80||577.80||621.00||43.47||664.47|
|10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.|
|Early Bird Fees closing date for the programme :|
|Prog Scheduled Date||Register By|
|18 & 19 March 2019||4 Feb 2019|
|16 & 17 Sept 2019||5 August 2019|
|14 & 15 Nov 2019||3 Oct 2019|
Enquiries : Grace Tan - 6248 9414 | 62466746, email@example.com
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.