You are here
How To Speak With Greater Confidence, Purpose And Impact
Learn practical techniques to structure, prepare and phrase your text, use your voice correctly, and identify common speech faults (pronunciation) to enhance your presentation skills and speak with greater confidence.
• to deliver more powerful presentations and speeches
• to prepare presentations that will convince, motivate and win hearts and minds.
• the tactics, taboos and techniques!
You will receive a dictionary.
- Planning, Preparing and Writing Your Text for Impactful Presentations / Speeches
- Being succinct, relevant and focused
- Phrasing your text for impactful delivery
- Think better on your feet every time !
- How to Manage Stage Fright Positively and Confidently Everytime
- How to Write it (text) Right, Say it Right, and Sound Right
- Writing memorable soundbites
- Use of euphony to sound good
- Choice and use of words
- Vocal Expression for Outstanding Presentations
- Developing a more melodious speaking voice and vocal tone
- Vocal skills practice – Resonance, projection and articulation
- Voice Production and Clear Speech
- Using your speech and voice organs correctly
- Discover your vocal faults and mispronunciations
- Developing Correct Ways of Using the Voice for Impact
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Using resonators and articulators
- Posture and tensions of speech muscles
- Problems in Pronunciation of Standard English
- Phonics and phonetics
- Causes of indistinct speech
- Practical exercises to improve sounds of spoken English
- Individual Speech and Voice Analysis
- Using resonators and breath support for good tonal quality
- Habitual pitch versus natural pitch
- Monotony versus melody
- Knowing the 44 Phonetic Symbols and Speech Sounds for Correct Pronunciation
- Voice Problems and Vocal Fatigue Affecting Presentations and Spoken Communication
Tan Teck Huat has been an instructor in presentation skills and public speaking course since 1976. To date, more than 15,000 participants have attended his 2,000 seminars in Singapore and overseas.
He has been a regular voice trainer for teachers (Ministry of Education) from 1996 to 2004. He is a Gold Medallist (Public Speaking) LAM and holds the following credentials: Teachers Diploma in Public Speaking (Guildhall, UK), Diploma in Public Speaking (London College of Music, UK), Certificate in Voice Studies (UK).
Mr Tan is a professional speaker, speech and voice trainer and author of two books, (1) Better Spoken English: Phonics, Phonetics and Voice Training and (2) Phonics and Phonetics for Parents, Tutors and Teachers.
|Category||SIM Member Fee (S$)||Non-member Fee (S$)|
|Total Fee (S$)||Total Fee (S$)|
|Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST||Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||540.00||37.80||577.80||621.00||43.47||664.47|
|10% DISOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.|
|Early Bird Fees closing date for the programme :|
|Prog Scheduled Date||Register By|
|21 & 22 January 2019||10 December 2018|
|18 & 19 March 2019||4 February 2019|
|10 & 11 June 2019||29 April 2019|
|1 & 2 August 2019||27 June 2019|
|3 & 4 October 2019||22 August 2019|
|2 & 3 December 2019||21 October 2019|
Enquiries : Grace Tan - 62489414 | 62466746, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email email@example.com or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.
|Date||Time||Venue||Registration Closing Date|
|01/08/2019 - 02/08/2019||09.00 am - 5.00 pm||SIM Management House, 41 Namly Avenue, Singapore 267616||Jul 22, 2019||Register|
|03/10/2019 - 04/10/2019||09.00 am - 5.00 pm||SIM Management House, 41 Namly Avenue, Singapore 267616||Sep 23, 2019||Register|
|02/12/2019 - 03/12/2019||09.00 am - 5.00 pm||SIM Management House, 41 Namly Avenue, Singapore 267616||Nov 25, 2019||Register|