You are here
Communicate And Be Heard
This programme examines your communication fundamentals and explores your perceptions of your current communication mode and their validity. You will gain important insights into how others relate to you, and vice versa, and identify effective strategies for improvement. Do not expect dry theories or ‘How Tos’. This highly interactive session gets you to discover what does and does not work about your communication and allows you to measure your improvement results.
Effective communication is vital to every relationship and relationships are what any organisation needs to grow. Understanding the impact of one’s communication style and raising the effectiveness of any employee, directly impacts work performance and hence the team and organisation.
The learning outcomes of this workshop will be tailored to fit the issues and perceived problem areas faced by participants.
• Discover what does and does not work and how to change
• Understand your impact within a team
• Learn how you can develop your relationships
• Learn what will make a positive difference to your communication
• Gain insights and feedback from fellow participants
• How this course works, what it is and is not
• Your communication perceptions - What does and does not work
• Why we communicate the way we do
• Learning from personal experiences - Case studies
• How we listen and the impact on our communication and outcomes
• Your values and how they impact your every decision and action
• Attitude Express� – A dynamic and challenging game to get you communicating
• Game results analysis and feedback from every participant
• Evaluating your communication and exercises to practise new changes
Lance Beste is Managing Director of his own consultancy, the communication catalysts who specialise in addressing communication related issues in the workplace. He spent 20 years in the computer industry across three continents working with diverse cultures including having overall responsibility for information technology with one of New Zealands largest organisations.
For the past 20 years, he has been successfully coaching, mentoring, facilitating and teambuilding for a wide range of clients, from major international organisations to small businesses. His clients include LOreal, St John, Winz and Forest Roading Services. He invented Attitude Express© a game-based tool which quickly gets people communicating openly, and which identifies issues and problems in the workplace in a constructive yet non-confrontational way.
Mr Beste is extremely passionate about communication and in adding value. His facilitation encourages relaxed, honest and entertaining sessions for great value for all participants. He continually receives excellent feedback about the measurable positive outcomes of his work with his clients.
|Category||SIM Member |
Fee / Pax (S$)
Fee / Pax (S$)
|including GST||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.|
|Early Bird Fees closing date for the programme:|
|Prog Scheduled Date||Register by|
|6 & 7 May 2019||11 March 2019|
|7 & 8 October 2019||14 August 2019|
Enquiries : Grace Tan - 62489414 | 62466746, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email email@example.com or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.