You are here
Better Spoken English
- Phonetics, Phonics and Standard English Pronunciation
It is important for employees to enunciate spoken words confidently and clearly when communicating. Correct pronunciation, clear speech and a good speaking voice are factors which contribute to employees positive corporate image and positive self-esteem.
The theoretical aspects of this seminar will be clearly explained and demonstrated. Participants speech sounds and spoken English will be analysed by the programme leader. Suggestions and feedback will be given during the programme to improve your production of speech sounds and spoken communication skills.
All participants will receive a copy of the English dictionary.
• Speaking Standard English (BBC) or RP Model vs American Model) using an English Pronouncing Dictionary
• How to Always Say it Right, Read it Right and Pronounce it Right during Presentations and Speeches
• Avoiding Everyday Speech Problems in Pronunciation: Phonics and Phonetics
• How to Use a Dictionary to Pronounce English Words Correctly
• Standard Speech Sounds and Voice Production and Causes of Indistinct Speech
• British / BBC and American Standard Pronunciation (using International Phonetic Alphabet) and Transcriptions
• The 24 Consonant Sounds of Standard Spoken English and Phonetic Alphabet
• The 20 Vowel Sounds of Standard Spoken English and Phonetic Alphabet
• How Speech Organs Work in Spoken English and Speech / Vocal Exercises
• Practical Reading / Speaking Exercises and Transcriptions for Clear Speech and Voice Improvement
• Achieving Confidence, Fluency and Greater Intelligibility when Speaking One to One or Making Presentation to Groups
• Practical Exercises and Coaching given to Improve Diction, Articulation and Phonemic Transcriptions
Tan Teck Huat has been an instructor in presentation skills and public speaking course since 1976. To date, more than 15,000 participants have attended his 2,000 seminars in Singapore and overseas.
He has been a regular voice trainer for teachers (Ministry of Education) from 1996 to 2004. He is a Gold Medallist (Public Speaking) LAM and holds the following credentials: Teachers Diploma in Public Speaking (Guildhall, UK), Diploma in Public Speaking (London College of Music, UK), Certificate in Voice Studies (UK).
Mr Tan is a professional speaker, speech and voice trainer and author of two books, (1) Better Spoken English: Phonics, Phonetics and Voice Training and (2) Phonics and Phonetics for Parents, Tutors and Teachers.
|Category||SIM Member |
Fee / Pax (S$)
Fee / Pax (S$)
|including GST||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.|
|Early Bird Fees closing date for the programme:|
|Prog Scheduled Date||Register & Pay by|
|15 - 17 May 2019||3 April 2019|
|8 - 10 July 2019||27 May 2019|
|23 - 25 Sept 2019||12 August 2019|
|11 - 13 Nov 2019||30 September 2018|
Enquiries : Grace Tan - 62489414 | 62466746, email@example.com
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.