You are here
The Back Of The Napkin - Solving Problems With Pictures
Visual thinking is using our innate ability to see; both with our eyes and our minds eye to discover previously invisible ideas, develop those ideas in a rapid and intuitive way, and then share those ideas with other people in a way they simply get.
Any problem can be made clearer with a picture, and any picture can be created using a set of tools and the rules for its use. The core of The Back of The Napkin programme is learning to use the Visual Problem-solving Toolkit - a powerful new way of looking at problems and their solutions.
This is a highly participative and interactive workshop. Participants will learn through short lectures, hands-on exercises, live study cases, group discussions and experience sharing, presentations and feedback.
• Solutions to everyday work problems leading to enhance performance of their operating units
• Business ideas and strategies leading to higher productivity and increase top and bottom line performance of their organisations
• Learn a whole new way of looking at business problems more quickly, understanding them more intuitively, addressing them more confidently, and conveying results to others more rapidly.
• Learn to solve problems with pictures.
• Learn how to think visually - how to look better - how to see sharper - how to imagine further - how to show newly discovered ideas.
• Visual Thinking – What is – Why
• The Visual Thinking Toolkit – What does it contain
• Using the Built-in Tools
o The eyes
o The mind’s eye
o The hands & eyes
• The Visual Thinking Problem-solving Process
o “Whoever is best able …. is the person most likely to solve it.”
o “Whoever draws the best picture …”
o Active looking: The Four Rules To
o “We can’t solve a problem we can’t see ….”
o The 6x6 Rule of seeing - Which problem? Which picture? Which …?
o The right picture for any problem
o “Those who see the possibilities, win”
o Meet the SQVID
o Exploring the breadth of an idea
o Practical lessons in applied visual imagination.
o “The more human the picture…”
o Why seeing is believing
o Putting it together
o Drawing conclusions
Level 4 - Manager - seeking to enhance their performance by solving their everyday business and operational problems more effectively and selling the solutions.
|Category||SIM Member Fee (S$)||Non-member Fee (S$)|
|including GST||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.|
Enquiries : Kathleen Tan - 62489407 | 62466746, email@example.com
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.