You are here
Positive Power & Influence®
The Positive Power & Influence® Programme is delivered in over 40 countries in more than 20 languages. This important development training programme is used by major organisations to give their Leaders, Managers and Key Personnel the skills and confidence to influence stakeholders at all levels - bosses, colleagues, subordinates, internal customers and external customers.
Participants will develop influence styles, techniques and processes, giving them the flexibility to influence effectively across a wide range of situations. They will learn how to diagnose situations to determine which style would be most appropriate and how to use it to achieve their objectives while building positive working relationships.
Business Outcomes :
• Get ‘buy-in’ and support from stakeholders
• Manage stakeholders more effectively
• Lead others through change and uncertainty
• Adapt style of influence to respond to challenging business situations
• Mobilise resources and support from others to get things done
• Influence others without pressuring, pulling rank or resorting to aggressive behaviour
• Influence others regardless of their positions in the hierarchy
• Grow and develop leadership skills
• Secure co-operation and working together with each other
• Achieve a win-win outcome
Learning Outcomes :
• Learn to use positive power and influence to meet objectives and maintain or build working relationships.
• Learn an influence model for analyzing face-to-face situations.
• Assess which styles they use, overuse, misuse, or avoid.
• Refine present skills and develop alternative styles.
• Learn to analyze a situation and apply the appropriate style.
• Learn to influence others using personal power and using positional power positively when they do have it.
• Learn to expand the use of personal influence in daily work situations.
The core of the Positive Power & Influence® Programme is the renowned Situational Influence Model™. This model highlights that we can apply a specific style best suited to influence each situation we face.
- Participants complete an assignment that analyses their current influence styles and assesses their strengths and weaknesses. These form the basis for their learning goals.
The Situational Influence Model™
- Participants explore the Situational Influence Model™ and learn the behaviours associated with each style.
Skill Development Practice Using Cases and Exercises
- Participants engage in intensive skill practice exercises to explore their ability to use the influence styles in role-plays of business and real-life situations.
- Participants practise a real-life personal influence situation of their choosing, using a diagnostic checklist to evaluate which styles are most appropriate for this and other future influence situations.
As part of the training and learning during this course, photography and/or video recording of participants in action will be done.
Level 3 - New Managers
Level 4 - Managers
Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors
Eric has more than 25 years of corporate working experience in various management and technical positions in the Asia Pacific region. He has many interesting real life examples, stories and anecdotes to relate the Situational Influence Model™ to your daily work and life situations. He travels extensively in Asia delivering training to and coaching senior management and executives. His clients include Fortune 500 companies, Global 1000 companies, MNCs, SMEs and government organisations.
Participants who have attended his programmes have found him to be ‘experienced’, ‘knowledgeable’, ‘very clear’, ‘full of passion in training’ and ‘fun’.
Bob Mittelsdorf is a Senior Training Consultant with ESSN, specializing in Leadership and Project Management. He is a certified facilitator for the Positive Power & Influence ® and Positive Negotiation Program ™. With over 30 years of experience in the management of large building projects, his background includes project definition, start-up, planning, execution, monitoring and close-out on a variety of multi-million dollar developments throughout the Asian region.
He has extensive experience in organizing and leading multi-discipline and multi-project teams to achieve project success. He works as a consultant on various development and project management, quality assurance and quality control issues, and is involved in presenting adult education courses in the areas of leadership, management and people skills.
|Category||SIM Member Fee (S$)||Non-member Fee (S$)|
|including GST||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.|
|Prog Scheduled Date|
19 & 20 November 2018
8 October 2018
|2 & 3 May 2019|
21 March 2019
|22 & 23 August 2019|
5 & 6 December 2019
11 July 2019
24 October 2019
Enquiries : Kho Mei Yen - 62486137 | 62466746, email@example.com
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.