You are here
Appreciative Inquiry And Action Learning
Tools for leadership, change and talent development
Organisations today, are characterised by change and present challenges to anyone who need to lead and manage a business or service. What was once a stable and predictable environment is today a global arena with new competitors, changing technology, shifting markets and fluctuating monetary conditions. This programme provides you with insights into two powerful tools, Appreciative Inquiry and Action Learning that can be used in your pursuit for leadership, positive change, problem solving and results.
BUSINESS OUTCOMES :
Participants will learn the two tools to influence a change in their organisation, by engaging their staff, creating a vision, leveraging their collective intelligence in solving problems, developing leadership and building a culture of positive performance. This in turn increases retention, creates a culture of innovation, develops talent and improves employee engagement, leading to competitiveness and market relevance.
LEARNING OUTCOMES :
- Understand and evaluate the difference between deficit based and strength based talent development strategies
- Apply techniques of inquiry in influencing positive change, problem solving and engagement
- Develop skills to engage staff appropriately, based on urgency, importance and end goal
- Synthesise the tools learned into short term initiatives to influence a positive culture, growth and engagement for the long term
- Link and integrate the tools and techniques to talent development, leadership and business success
- The missing link in change: Inquiry
- Influencing Mindsets and Behaviours
- Appreciative Inquiry: Principles and Practice
- Flowing through the 4D cycles
- Action Learning: History and Evolution
- The power of synthesis
- Applications in Organisational Development, Change and Culture
Level 3 - New Managers
Level 4 - Managers
Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors
Jayan Warrier is an organisational development practitioner who has worked in the corporate world for more than 20 years in human resources, leadership development, sales and business. He led the regional leadership development portfolio at Hewlett Packard Singapore before starting his consulting practice.
He is a certified professional facilitator with the International Association of Facilitators (IAF CPF), a senior action learning coach with World Institute for Action Learning (WIAL) and accredited in tools including MBTI type II, FACET-5, DISC, FIRO-B and EQ i-2.0.
Jayan is also a certified facilitator for Appreciative Leadership from Corporation for Positive Change and holds a certificate in Appreciative Inquiry. He has conducted ‘Change your Questions, Change your Life’ workshop with Inquiry Institute. He holds a Masters in Human Resources Development from George Washington University.
Jayan has also contributed an article ‘Key Lessons for the 21st Century Leader’ [http://pd.sim.edu.sg/content/key-lessons-21st-century-leader] in the magazine, Today's Manager.
|Category||SIM Member Fee (S$)||Non-member Fee (S$)|
|including GST||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies ; please call to enquire.|
Enquiries : Kathleen Tan - 62489407 | 62466746, email@example.com