You are here
Hr Best Practices And Policies
With the increased pace of change and restructuring, organisations need to have in place robust and pragmatic HR policies. Globalisation and technology are also changing the way HR practitioners undertake their responsibilities. It is vital that managers are geared to handling people management issues and achieving exceptional standards of performance. The challenge is to effectively manage talent to deliver business results by having the right approach and by creating effective HR policies.
This workshop enables you to:
- consider a framework of HR best practices in talent management in the employment, development, reward and retention of staff
- develop a range of HR-related policies and procedures which will fit within the culture of your organisation
- align your policies and procedures with relevant employment legislation
- Understanding the Impact of the New Economy on HR Practices
- Determining Challenges and Relevant Policy Changes and Understanding Expectations of Employees
- Creating a Mindset that Individuals Become Partners and Players and Deliver Business Value
- Benchmarking Competitive Practices
- Organising and Working with a Policy Project Team
- Policy Content and Development
- Understanding the Success Criteria of Effective HR Policies and Practices
Experiential learning, exercises and discussions through a process of reflection and exchange by benchmarking with other participants and creation of an action plan to take stock of the future by learning from the past.
Robin Robbins has extensive senior management experience in people development and has worked across all disciplines and in a wide range of sectors including consumer goods, research and development, chemicals, the beverage industry and engineering.
He is currently a principal consultant of a consultancy focusing on helping organisations succeed through effective people strategies. His previous HR positions include being the Head of Human Resources for the Research Laboratories of Unilever, India, and Head of Sales Training for Hindustan Lever, the largest multi-national business in India with a turnover of US$ 2.5 billion, employing over 24,000 people.
With over 16 years experience in business, Mr Robbins has developed particular expertise in the areas of performance management, career and succession planning, leadership development, aligning people strategies to market realities and conducting development and assessment centers.
He has created sales and customer management training programmes and aligned shop floor operations to focus on safety, quality and productivity. He has extensive experience in recruitment, including that of leading business and technical schools.
He has a passion for dramatics and has directed and acted in several plays. He has applied the teambuilding and leadership skills acquired in dramatics to organisational realities.
Enquiries : Kathleen Tan - 62489407 | 62466746, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email email@example.com or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.