You are here
From Operational Manager To Strategic Thinker
Managers need to balance their roles between operational management and strategic thinking. As organisations flatten with changing roles, strategic thinking is no longer the responsibility of only senior management. All managers down the line are required to think strategically within the context of their organisation's business.
Participants will develop a strategic mindset so as to add value to their organisations from within their own work units as well as in their interactions with other units. Developing a strategic mindset also prepares participants for higher levels of responsibility over time.
- Understand the difference between operational management and strategic thinking
- Understand what is strategy and how strategic thinking can add value to your organisation
- Learn a structured, four-step approach to strategic thinking
- Apply this approach to different types of organisations - commercial and non-commercial - and to different levels within an organisation - corporate, business unit and functional level
- Understand the challenges and key requirements of successful strategy execution
- What is Strategy and Strategic Thinking?
- A structured framework for strategic thinking
- Formulating Strategic Questions
- Answering the Strategic Questions
- Some Analysis Tools to Help Answer Questions
- Mission and Vision
- Strategic Thinking at the Functional Level
- Strategy Execution and key requirements for success
Duration and Time
Duration: 14 hours (2 days)
Dates: September 2 & 3, 2019
November 4 & 5, 2019
Time: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Full Course Fee: $1,027.20 SIM members / $1,284.00 Non-members
For Employer Sponsored Participants
SIM Member: $999.20/ Non-Member: $1,256.00
SkillsFuture Credit is applicable for Singapore Citizens aged 25 years old and above only
Inclusive of 7% GST (GST is based on Full Course Fee)
*Terms and conditions apply
(Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers
(Level 4) Managers
Alfred Chan is Executive Director in a leadership andmanagement development company that represents the American ManagementAssociation in Singapore and several other countries in the region. He has beenin management consulting for over 20 years, with Arthur D. Little, AndersenConsulting (now Accenture), Arthur Andersen and KPMG, in the last two firms asa Partner and a Director respectively. Prior to management consulting, he wasin investment banking with Morgan Guaranty Trust and DBS Bank. Mr Chanhas an MBA (Finance Major) from Columbia Business School in New York and a degreein electrical engineering from the University of Melbourne, earned under aColombo Plan Scholarship.
|Category||SIM Member Fee (S$)||Non-member Fee (S$)|
|Total Fee (S$)||Total Fee (S$)|
|Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST||Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies; please call to enquire.|
|Early Bird Fees closing date for the programme :|
|Prog Scheduled Date||Register & Pay by|
|September 2 & 3, 2019||29/07/2019|
|November 4 & 5, 2019||16/09/2019|
Enquiries : Grace Tan - 62489414 | 62466746, email@example.com
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.