You are here
The Job Of The Manager (joman) – Essential Managerial Techniques
Have you recently taken on added responsibilities, been preparing for a career transition, promoted or have years of work experience but not formally guided in management and leadership skills?
JOMAN is a uniquely designed programme to complement technical and specialist know-how by providing a practical orientation to holistic general management thinking and tools, otherwise available through formal academic programmes.
The JOMAN programme focuses on three key dimensions:
- Personal Mastery
- People Management
- Organisation Alignment
Developed in a series of two progressive levels, participants have the flexibility to join a suitable JOMAN programme to benefit from its broad range of comprehensive concepts.
JOMAN: Essential Managerial Techniques
This component programme (of the JOMAN programme package) gives you the essential skills and knowledge to shift from being an individual contributor to an effective manager who can achieve team success and drive bottom line performance.
Participants will first build self-awareness towards personal mastery, before diving into the value of the team/network (people management) in an organizational context, towards common goals (organizational alignment). These will help in multiple dimensions of the development of a manager, aiding in improvements to job performance due to lack of knowledge and skills in these areas.
- Walk through a journey of self discovery, development and evaluation that influence your role as a manager
- Acquire broad essential skills and tools in people management to optimise individual/team performance and development in diverse and changing business environment
- Obtain insights to general management and learn best practices of functional skills necessary for effective management and supervision
- Develop a strategic thinking mindset with value-based and systemic understanding to manage/lead change for organisation alignment and development
- Present or share ideas/plans clearly and network with others in a conducive environment
Personal Skills for Success:
- Understanding Self
- Becoming an Effective Manager
- Communication Skills
Building & Managing Teams:
- Team Dynamics
- Developing a High Performing Team
- Managing People and Performance
Managing and leading change in organizations:
- Change Agent
- Change Processes
- Appreciative Inquiry
Duration and Time
Duration : 21 hours (3 days)
Dates : March 14, 15 & 25, 2019
Sep 19, 20 & 27, 2019
Nov 7, 8 & 15, 2019
Time : 8.30am - 5.30pm
Full Course Fee: $ 1,605.00
Nett Fee (after funding) *:
For Employer Sponsored Participants
SME: $ 555.00 Non-SME: $ 1,290.00
For Participants eligible for SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy:
40 years old and above
(Singapore Citizen only): $ 555.00
For Self Sponsored Participants:
SkillsFuture Credit is applicable for Singapore Citizens aged 25 years old and above only
Inclusive of 7% GST (GST is based on Full Course Fee)
*Terms and conditions apply
Level 2 | Supervisors, Executives & Emerging Managers
Level 3 | New Managers
Enquiries : Elynn Chen - 62489419 | 62466746, email@example.com
To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.
For Non-Singaporean registrations, kindly submit a separate registration.