You are here
5-day "mba" Express
This accelerated programme provides a foundation in the key skills needed to run a business from a general management perspective, by surveying the core curriculum normally covered in an MBA programme. It is aimed at managers, senior managers and directors who have risen through their organisations in a specialist functional role (such as engineering, IT, finance, HR, sales etc) and now need a broader understanding of business and how various components fit together.
Participants will better appreciate how key components of a business fit together, how to navigate the complexities of a business and make fundamental business decisions from a general management perspective.
• Analyse key financial statements and the financial health of a business
• Make management decisions by identifying and evaluating costs and benefits
• Understand strategy and the different levels
• Develop competitive business and marketing strategies
• Understand the differences between leadership and management and your own leadership strengths and development needs
• Manage conflicts constructively and motivate stakeholders in the organisation
• Accounting - Basic principles and key financial statements
• Finance - Evaluating performance using financial ratios, the relevant costs and benefits and making effective capital expenditure decisions
• Strategy - Different levels (corporate, business unit and functional strategy), strategy formulation and analytical tools to use
• Marketing - Marketing’s role in business success, 5 Ps of marketing and how they individually address customer needs and collectively provide sustainable competitive advantage
• Management - Management vs Leadership, personal strengths and development needs, managing conflicts and influencing stakeholders
(Level 3) New Managers
(Level 4) Managers
(Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
Alfred Chan is Executive Director of Imperial Consulting, Singapore. He has been in management consulting for over 20 years, with Arthur D. Little, Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), Arthur Andersen and KPMG, in the last two firms as a Partner and a Director respectively. Prior to management consulting, he was in investment banking with JP Morgan and DBS Bank. Mr Chan has an MBA (Finance Major) from Columbia Business School in New York and a BE (Hons) in electrical engineering from the University of Melbourne, earned under a Colombo Plan Scholarship.
Jean-Francois Jadin built his expertise in coaching, facilitation and assessment over a 20-year career in key leadership roles, including a regional CEO position with the American Management Association global network. He has designed, developed and implemented numerous talent assessment and development solutions for Pfizer, Citibank, Shell, Singapore Airlines and Axiata.
He focuses on offering management and leadership development solutions for middle and senior management from multi-national corporations, large local companies as well as government and government-related entities.
Jean-Francois holds a BSc (Hon) and a MSc in Computer Science from the University of Namur, Belgium. He has been an American Management Association faculty member and a CELEMI certified facilitator since 2003. Jean-Francois became a Chally certified talent analyst in 2009 and is a coach credentialed by the International Coach Federation.
|Category||SIM Member Fee (S$)||Non-member Fee (S$)|
|Total Fee (S$)||Total Fee (S$)|
|Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST||Fee/Pax (S$)||GST (S$)||including GST|
|Early Bird Fees||10% DISCOUNT OFF THE FEES ABOVE|
|- terms & conditions applies; please call to enquire.|
|Early Bird Fees closing date:|
|Early Bird Fees closing date for the programme :|
|Prog Scheduled Date||Register & Pay by|
|14 - 18 Oct 2019||02/09/2019|
Enquiries : Grace Tan - 62489414 | 62466746, email@example.com
Foreign participants sponsored by their companies, GST is not applicable. If payment is made by a Singapore-registered company, GST will apply.
Non-members are welcome to sign up for SIM membership to enjoy the discounted rate. To sign up for SIM Membership, please visit www.pd.sim.edu.sg/membership/overview, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6248 9489. To register for the programmes now, select the preferred programme run-dates below through the register icon. "Register", which will bring you to the registration page.