Good decision making involves a clear understanding of the issue at hand based on a correct perception of the factors involved and how they impact and interact with the other factors on the landscape. Power of PerceptionTM allows its users to scan through the landscape effectively using a simple framework of 9 plus 1 tools.
Edward de Bono’s Power of Perception:
- A powerful tool for achieving quality thinking through thorough consideration of factors impacting the issue in a systematic way using clear parameters of reference.
- Prevents unsound decisions when important considerations are overlooked stemming from discussions being done in a cursory manner.
- Helps avoid impulsive behavior and judgments.
- Helps improve the evaluative ability and idea generating skill of the user.
- Increases ability to foresee the consequences of action or non-action.
- Improves the user’s ability to lead the team in effective discussion.
- Helps to avoid poor decisions because the thinking is not properly targeted.
Helps to establish the user as a good listener to alternative views.
Benefits to You
Your organization / user will gain reputation as one that seriously and effectively listens to their requirements and views of its workforce/clients/partners and is effectively able to offer alternatives in terms of relevant solutions and perceptions to the issue in question. You will also be able to offer sound advice in value appraisals and propose well prioritized schedules for action. Most importantly you will be able to recognize the real issue at hand and help to identify right focuses for effective problem solving and formulation of strategies.
- Perceive hypothetical but realistic outcomes of specific actions or inaction.
- Perceive / predict possible scenarios in future development
- Learn to account for and appreciate the important of INTERESTING outcomes / impact in addition to incomplete/inadequate pro/cons framework.
- Learn to accurately identify the issue in question using a simple framework of reference.
- Learn to differentiate between AIMS, GOALS and DIFFERENCES and appreciate why it is important to differentiate between them.
- Learn how to account for alternative views of team members, clients and competitors.
· Learn to specify VALUE deliverables in terms of types of benefits and impacted parties as a key consideration in value incorporation or provision strategies.
· Learn to prioritise between alternative and justify their importance in the schedule of priorities
· Formulate a DOCA (Decision/Design, Outcome, Channels and Action)
This programme will be conducted by one of the following leaders:
Sir Dr Peter Low and Mrs Linda Low are directors of their own consultancy firm. They have more than 21 years of experience in introducing Dr Edward de Bono’s methods to more than 500 major corporations and government agencies.
Both Sir Dr Peter Low and Mrs Linda Low were among the first 12 to be personally trained by Dr de Bono. On account of their phenomenal success with more than 2,000 seminars to their credit, they were appointed by Dr de Bono as Lifetime Certified Master Trainers and have been acknowledged by him as his “best trainers internationally”. Only 4 persons in the de Bono international network of more than 1600 trainers were awarded this accreditation. They oversee the de Bono network operations in Asia.
Their more than 500 clients include: AXA Life Insurance, Citibank Singapore, Credit Suisse, Defence Science and Technology Agency, Fujitsu Asia, Housing & Development Board, Infineon Technologies, Land Transport Authority, Ministry of Health, National University of Singapore, PSA Corporation Limited, Singapore Navy, Singapore Press Holdings, SingTel, Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department, Hong Kong Hospital Authority, Daimler Chrysler, Hong Kong Police Force, Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority, Manulife International, PCCW, His Majesty’s Government of Nepal, Ministry of Urban Development (Sri Lanka) and Yum Restaurants (Thailand).